Saturday, October 13, 2012

New (and Improved?) Layout

Hello kids, I'm taking a few minutes to let you all know I've tinkered with the look of the blog.  Perhaps part of it was the fact that I was powerfully lazy when setting it up and never bothered to consider much what it would look like, or perhaps it's just been a few years so I feel like looking at something else.  So take a look see if you dig it.  If the background colors make the posts harder to read let me know.  If you hate the color blue for the titles feel free to inform me.  If you happen to love every change I've made then by all means I wouldn't mind hearing that either.

The major change I made is that you can now see the titles of all my past blog entries by clicking on the drop down tab for each month in the archive.  These are located to the left side of the page.  So if you wanted to know where my top films of the 2000s list was located, just click on 2011 and scroll down until you find March, and there you go.  I find this makes finding old entries much easier than the typical guess and check system and now that I'm closing in on my third full year, it's a little easier to navigate.

Coming Soon . . . 

Remember kids that my 100 Greatest/Favorite Horror film list is tentatively scheduled to be posted by the end of the month, possibly as early as Sunday the 21st, but almost guaranteed to be up by Halloween, so perhaps you can get a few last minute recommendations before the 31st.  Oh and by the way, see Kill List, I keep harping on this but seriously what's your excuse I even saw the DVD at my local library so it's everywhere, go get it.

Also I have already been plugging away at the overall top 100 list coming out but there's another little gem I'm getting set to unleash upon the world before then.  This is my Film Cannon.  I'll get into what exactly this means when I post it, but essentially it's a giant chronological list of what I would consider 5 star films.  So if you ever wanted to know what films from 1954 I love, this is the reference for you.  A list like this is something akin to a life's worth of film watching so it's far from final.  I plan on updating it perhaps once a year, if for nothing else to keep it current with the year's best released films.  I'm not going to make my list up to 1000, or start chopping off films when I get over that number, and consider it the good sportsmanship award of film.  Now I should also mention that if a film isn't on the list it doesn't mean I hate it, although it could mean I think it's overrated.  Hell I may even post this later today depending on how I feel.  So whenever I post it, I recommend making the page a sticky, possibly even copying it into a text file and using it for your own private checklist every time you go to rent a film or whatever it is you do when selecting what to watch.

So take a minute to browse around and check out the new layout.

One more thing . . . 

I really hope that Lena and Yulia can get past their differences and reunite for another t.A.T.u. album.


No comments:

Post a Comment