Monday, March 1, 2010

Welcome to My World of Film

Hi there everyone reading, my name is David Holland and I've been a passionate cinephile for the better part of a decade. I've created this blog to ruminate on all things related to my film viewing. There will be reviews, essays, ratings, rants, and just about anything else related to film. I am not a professional critic (no one has paid me for my opinions) or any official academic (I'm not teaching any courses) I'm just passionate about cinema. Not to say that the future won't hold some position in one of those fields, here I am to share my unfiltered thoughts and opinions about the movies I see, the film makers I love, and the occasional gripe about everything wrong with the business. I've chosen to name it "My World of Film" for a few reasons:
1. It is after all "my world" no one else is writing for this site and the opinion is a one way street.
2. I will focus on the "world of cinema" not limiting myself to mainstream Hollywood or the latest popcorn release. That said I do try to keep up on what's happening in the world of film and will offer my reviews and insight into whatever recent films I happen to catch.
3. Although I happen to have another obsession with baseball (that's another site altogether) I will try to keep my postings related to cinema and all the wonderful aspects of it.

Now welcome to my site feel free to comment let me know (respectfully I hope) whether or not you share my opinions or disagree with something I say. If I have misquoted someone or perhaps have a typo, wrong year, misspelled name, etc I will certainly correct the error. This isn't entirely academic so often my writings could just be un-researched thoughts flying out of my head. So there's a million things I'd like to add, so let's just start blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment